Some business owners think they only need a bookkeeper, but not an Accountant. Others think they might need an Accountant, but not necessarily a bookkeeper.
This article describes why you need both!
Look at the Big Financial Picture
Bookkeeping and accounting go together like bacon and eggs, popcorn and movies, or debits and credits.
If you’re running a successful and/or a growing business, you really do need both. Bookkeeping is important because all businesses run on your numbers, and if they’re in disarray, your business won’t run smoothly.
Meanwhile, how many businesses do you know –– or your own business for that matter –– that have forgotten to file taxes on April 15th, inadvertently missed a quarterly payment, or missed a number of potential deductions? That’s why your business needs an Accountant, too.
Bookkeeping is all About Accurate Books
Your cash flow is the lifeblood of your business. That’s why every business needs accurate, well-kept books.
Our clients thrive on updated balance sheets, profit and loss statements, accounts payable and accounts receivable reports, and most of all, reconciled bank and credit card accounts.
We’re bonded, certified and licensed bookkeepers and tax specialists your business should trust that level of expertise.
Accuracy, timeliness, in-person service, as well as using QuickBooks among other desktop and cloud based applications all help to ensure that your books are as solid as they can be.
Bookkeeping is Way More than “Keeping Books”
At Books In Balance, our bookkeeping services for business owners include:
- Accounts Payable Services: For many clients, our bookkeeping services encompass recording, tracking and paying your vendor bills.
- Accounts Receivable Services: Does your business have an accounts receivable bottleneck? We can record and track all of your customer invoices –– and alert you when they’re 30 or more days past due.
- Payroll Services: Let us process your payroll on a weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis, per your specific instructions regarding which particular amounts to pay. Next, we’ll process and file your payroll taxes as well as your payroll tax forms.
- Reconciliations: Another bookkeeping service we perform is to review and balance your credit card transactions and your bank statements. As part of reconciliations, when appropriate, we also let each client know of discrepancies.
- Reporting: We create financial reports based on your data and review them with you to point out any inconsistencies or potential problems.
- Standardize Management Procedures: Finally, often overlooked is the fact that as bookkeepers, we frequently provide management advice to run our clients’ businesses more efficiently.
Our Accounting Services
A shoebox of receipts just doesn’t cut it if and when you have an audit. That’s just one reason of many why a business owner should hire an Accountant. I said “Accountant” because not all Accountants are Degreed and certified to provide accounting services directly to the public.
Accounting services include:
- Calculating your quarterly tax
- Accounting system set-up
- Budgeting, cash forecasting and cash flow analysis
- Personal and business tax preparation for sole proprietors, partnerships, “C” and “S” corporations, as well as non-profits, estates and trusts
- Personal and business tax filing
- Customized financial packages
- Answering letters from the California Franchise Tax Board and the IRS
A Total Package of Bookkeeping and Accounting Services
With nearly 20 years of experience in all phases of financial services to San Francisco Bay Area clients, Books In Balance offers you the highest level of expertise.
We don’t just crunch numbers. As experienced bookkeepers, we make sure your numbers are solid and accurate. Then, we use our accounting services to analyze those numbers, discuss your deductions, calculate your taxes and file them.
To find out more about our business owners’ bookkeeping and Accounting services, please contact me at our San Rafael office at (415) 455-9455.
- Secure Act 2.0: Rethinking Your Retirement - March 6, 2023
- Making of a Successful Team Environment - February 27, 2023
- Startups, New Companies & Business Restructuring - February 21, 2023
We go beyond Wealth Management & accounting
We proudly provide all the in-person and virtual services you need to take your business and your life to the next level without stress, overwhelm, or outlandish fees.